Since 1 August 2014 Voivodeship Public Library in Opole has been implementing a project subsidized by the Long-term Government Programme Culture+; the project entails digitalizing the national heritage and cultural resources and making them available. What is more, it focuses on creation of technological infrastructure for the digitalized collections. The project will last till 15 May 2015.
A grant for the implementation of the project "Digitalization and development of the Digitalization Department of WBP (Voivodeship Public Library) in Opole" has been allocated from the financial resources of the Long-term Government Programme Culture+. The grant amounts to 118 440 zł, which has been divided into 35 640 zł for current expenses and 82 800 zł for investment expenses. The total cost of the project amounts to 163 080 zł.
The collection digitalized under the programme Culture+ consists of:
- incunabula, old prints, manuscripts – approx. 130 objects;
- 16th-19th century cartography and 1930’s cartography - approx. 150 maps;
- book collection from Emil Kornas’s collection dating to the beginning of 20th century;
- approx. 350 historic postcards from the years 1900-1939;
- a few dozen 1960’s documents of social life concerning Opole song festival.
Majority of the digitalized items belong to the public domain and will be available free of charge on the website of Opole Digital Library.
Dofinansowano ze środków Programu Wieloletniego Kultura+